• For Sale

by  • April 19, 2013 • Personal • 11 Comments

It’s happening…

Two years ago, Phil was commissioned into the Air Force with a scholarship to get his master’s degree in Public Health.

photo 2011_Fall003-Opt_zpsd796c372.jpg

His graduation is coming up in May, and in July, will start a 3-year commitment as a 1st Lieutenant!

All of the unanswered questions about the future have been teaching me to relax & be patient. But now I can indulge my need to PLAN. Phil finally got his first orders for Montgomery, Alabama. It will be difficult to leave our close friends here in North Carolina, but we’re looking forward to new opportunities with this next part of our adventure.

So all this means we’re getting ready now to pack up & start a Southern life! Our first home is officially for sale. It’s such a weird feeling!

photo _DSC0066-Opt_zps44c2f7f3.jpg

Now I need to play blog catch-up for all of the projects I tackled to get it ready to put on the market :)

Side note: The comment feature has mysteriously disappeared & I have no idea why, or how to get it back. In the mean time…I’ll just pretend that you all commented to wish us good luck!

11 Responses to For Sale

1. Alyssa
      April 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Must be so relieved to finally KNOW where in the world you are headed! North Carolina has never felt closer to PA now that you are headed to Alabama. But we will enjoy visiting you in your new home and I can’t wait to see what this new adventure brings for you! Love you! And good luck on the sale!

• April 24, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I keep reminding myself that it’s not a forever move, and at least we can treat you to some warm weather for winter visits! Love you too :)

2. April 19, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Congratulations and best wishes for selling your sweet little home and finding a new one to fill with love.

3. anz
      April 20, 2013 at 12:11 am

Congratulations,best wishes from me ,may all your dreams come true,may God guide you through your whole life and may happiness and laughter fill your home every day off your life

4. Shauna
      April 26, 2013 at 11:41 pm

You will love it down south! I have a friend in the Air Force who is stationed in Montgomery. His name is Matt, he does computer-tech/protecting America from internet bomb threats? type work. (I never fully understand, and he doesn’t have it listed on Facebook.) If y’all want to do lunch with him, just email me. He is so sweet. Plus– you’ll be close to Shaunna from Perfectly Imperfect and the Palmers at the Lettered Cottage. (Can you tell I stalk southern bloggers? I’m in Atlanta.)

Best of luck and I just KNOW you’re going to be so happy!

• April 27, 2013 at 11:19 am

Thanks for the pep talk! Sometimes I get nervous about the move, so it’s definitely nice to hear good things about the south :) I’ll have to let you know once we get settled about meeting your friend. Maybe Phil will run into him!

5. April 28, 2013 at 12:44 am

Hi Shauna!

I’ve been following along on your blog for several months now, and love all of your projects (actually planning on making a gallery wall above my sofa soon)! Just wanted to say that I actually live about 30 minutes away from Montgomery (originally from Birmingham). If you ever need anyone to show you around, I’d be glad to!

– Katherine

• May 2, 2013 at 10:37 am

Thank you so much, Katherine! I may hit you up on that! :)

6. Shahar
      May 28, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I just saw your very detailed kitchen cabinet project and sooooo appreciate your sharing! The changeover is fantastic! I am just about to move into a ‘new’ home as we downsize and the cabinets will be beautified via your process . . . perhaps I’ll even find yardsticks without the embossed numbers. No similar craftwood to be had around here in rural eastern Oregon. Thanks again; you’re are an awesome DIYer!

• June 10, 2014 at 9:29 am

Thanks, Shahar! Yes if you can find boards without embossed numbers, that is definitely the way to go! Good luck!